Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Jiblog as living book

In response to concern over potential FEC regulation of blogs, I stated a few weeks back that I would not start calling Jiblog an online magazine. I do like the sound of "living book," though. The way I'm thinking, if the United States Constitution can be called a "living document" by some, then surely a blog is a vibrantly living document. I've been thinking of printing off a hard copy of Jiblog at some point, anyway, so what if I just say that once I reach a certain page level, I'm going to take Jiblog to a custom publisher and have this online document turned into an anthology of my political commentary which I plan to sell at a local book seller, and to wider markets if the local market proves that there is an audience for my book? The FEC regulating Jiblog would then be akin to the FEC regulating the manuscript of an author. The difference would be that I have hundreds (okay, dozens) of editors reviewing my work along the way.

On top of that, The Jiblog Anthologies (Vols I-?) would feed my ravenous ego, even if I only sold one copy. :-)

No comments: