Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Storm blogging, vol 2, #1

Today's round of Wisconsin storms is blowing through Jefferson County right now. Interestingly, the winds seem stronger than they did during Saturday's nasty storm-and Jefferson County is not under a severe thunderstorm warning (the person that was directed to knows who she is).

K. Sounds like something landed on my roof as I was writing that last paragraph. Hopefully I will be back later.

Update
No holes in the roof. All is good here for now.

Interesting side note. Channel 12 in Milwaukee recently did a segment on Wisconsin's tornado alley, which extends through Fond du Lac, Dodge, Columbia, and Dane Counties.

Uninteresting Jiblog trivia. In the segment linked to above, meteorologist Mark Baden mentions that there is a lesser tornado alley north and west of Eau Claire. That means the two places I've lived in my life have each been just to the east of prominant tornado areas in Wisconsin. And I've still never seen one, which is probably for the best.

No comments: