Sunday, July 24, 2005

Wisconsin Weather

It has been a fairly tranquil summer so far here in Wisconsin, so I've largely ignored it until today. I just knew that I could rely on it being in the upper 80's to lower 90's with plenty of sun. But with the storm that blew across the state today, I was a little more in tune with it. So when I saw that the forecast low overnight was 78 degrees, I was a little surprised for two reasons. One, that is a very high low temperature for Wisconsin. Second, shortly before sunset, it was 72. So I scoffed at it, as I do so many weather forecasts. Then late tonight I decided to start a camp fire (I've been blogging fireside-we've been having a fireside chat of sorts) as an excuse to get rid of some of today's storm damage. It was windy, and in the couple of hours I've been outside, it seemed to get stickier. I chalked it up to being next to the fire until I checked the thermometer-the temperature had risen to 79 degrees. 79 degrees at 1 a.m. It is going to be hotter than Hades tomorrow.

No comments: