Monday, October 10, 2005

Miscellaneous thoughts

Just some miscellaneous thoughts that have been bouncing around my head on the Miers thing.

*The elitism charge is funny. The uproar is more about Bush than it is about Miers. So it is elitist to criticize an Ivy league educated President?

*The sexism charge is funny. Most of the critics are supporters of candidates such as Janice Rogers Brown and Priscilla Owen.

*I've always been baffled by the left's claim that Bush is a "neo-con." He's always been willing to cross conservatives.

*The fracture lines within the Republican Party aren't exactly clear, as much as some are wanting to portray them to be.

*I just said recently that I thought the Republican party was more susceptible to a schism than the Democratic party. This isn't going to result in schism, but I also think this is indicative of how fractious the Republican base can be.

*I JUST CAN'T STOP POSTING ON THIS. SOMEONE BREAK MY FINGERS, PLEASE.

*I take that back, don't break my fingers. Kick me in the shins, maybe?

No comments: