Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Awaiting Green

I'll admit it, I've been a bad state conservative. I've barely paid any attention to the Wisconsin Governor's race so far. We are far enough out that discussing Doyle v. Green/Walker is probably going to prove futile. And as for Green v. Walker in the Republican primary, I'm slowly awakening, ready for a spirited campaign. I am still maintaining an open mind about the Walker/Green race. I am still kind of a free agent on this one. I am a little concerned about one thing, though, and that is Green has had very little impact on my daily conciousness so far. Here where I live, I am in the Madison and Milwaukee media markets. I hear a lot about Walker, and I'm beginning to see some nice conservative credentials develop with him. But I'm not hearing/reading/seeing as much about Green. I'd like to, and I'll probably start searching out the information on my own, but if Green wants a strong result in this part of the state, I think his campaign is going to have to work to penetrate the Madison and Milwaukee media markets a little more. A good number of voters are passive receivers of information, and I think Walker has a big advantage in Southeast Wisconsin right now because of that.

No comments: