Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Et tu, Barber?

I am one month and two days away from my 30th birthday. For me, this is at the same time not a big deal but also bothersome (It's tough to explain, and I won't bore you with it). Given that, yesterday I went to my barber. I'm a barbershop kind of guy and I'm in tune with the culture of the barbershop. One thing that a lot of old men have done at the barbershop that younger men often times do not is to have their eyebrows trimmed. The damn things get a little bushy with age. As for me, I'm pretty happy with my eyebrows. They are pretty well defined and they aren't going wild on me. That is until this exchange:

Barber: (Turning me towards the mirror) How's that look?
Jib: Good.
Barber: Do you want me to get those eyebrows?
Jib: Wha?! No, that's quite alright.
Barber: M'kay. Suit yourself.
Jib: (sob)

Bastard. How dare he confront me with the truth! I'm thinking about changing my hairstyle to something radically difficult for him to do just to get even with him next time.

No comments: