Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Sheboygan space port

The talk about putting the framework in place for a possible space port/launch site in Sheboygan is picking up. With it looking more and more like private enterprise is going to take on space, I applaud this decision, but at the same time I'm somewhat skeptical of putting any money towards this yet. Has anyone really looked at the technical feasibility of this project? After all, this is Wisconsin, and last time I checked traditional space craft and ice are not good friends. Would the site be useable for the 4 or 5 winter months? Additionally, is this a project that gets Sheboygan a head start on commercial space travel, or is it a present day St. Laurence Seaway, a project that was begun just before radical changes and which was outdated the day it opened? I'd like answers to these questions before I see an authority put in place to approve spending projects.

No comments: