Thursday, November 10, 2005

Teresa Halbach

I've avoided writing about the Teresa Halbach story. Even now I'm having trouble finding the right balance to what I want to say. I'll say this right off the bat, I feel terrible for her family and friends. Given what they are going through right now, I wish there was a way to give them a curtain of privacy from everyone. There is nothing worse than having to go through something like this so publicly. And it is even easier to feel for them because a simple search around the internet gives a person the chance to see the world through Teresa's lense.

I started off this post planning to write about the person who is the prime suspect in her disappearance. Two things occured when I tried. I could not get over my contempt for him, and I could not write about him and Teresa in the same post. I decided that right now is not the right time for that conversation. It will be the right time soon enough.

No comments: