Sunday, April 23, 2006

La Bamba: Better in Spanish

I've always loved Richie Valens' song La Bamba, but I also always wanted to know what the lyrics meant in English. One would think that three years of high school Spanish would have gotten me to that point, but it was public school Spanish, so it wasn't to be.

Tonight I was listening to La Bamba on my cable service's music channels, and it motivated me to look up the translation. You can learn what I learned by going here. To be perfectly honest, it was a bit of a disappointment; I wish had just left well enough alone and blissfully continued to sing along to the Spanish without knowing the translation.

Oooo! A Wilson Phillips song just came on...gotta go!

Update
I'm going to shoot myself for live blogging the cable music channel, but hey, at least it ain't another post on Iran, right? Now a song is playing that was popular around the time of my Junior Prom, which was not a nice experience. I'll put my story up against any other bad prom story, and I'll take the competition 9 times out of 10. Despite it, the girl is nice enough, so I won't repeat the story here, but I will share via email if anyone cares to hear it.

No comments: