Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

The seven last words of Christ (New King James Version):

Then Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." Luke 23:34

And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise." Luke 23:43

When Jesus therefore saw His mother, and the disciple whom he loved standing by, He said to His mother, "Woman, behold your son!" Then He said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother!" And from that hour that disciple took her to his own home. John 19:26-27

And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" Mark 15:34

After this, Jesus, knowing that all things were now accomplished, that the Scripture might be fulfilled, said, "I thirst!" John 19:28

So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, "It is finished!" And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit.

And when Jesus had cried out with a loud voice, He said, "Father, into your hands I commend My spirit." Having said this, He breathed his last. Luke 23:46

No comments: