Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Good luck, Katie Couric

Katie Couric has announced that she is leaving to take over CBS "Evening News." I wish her all the luck in the world. She is leaving the comparatively light hearted morning news circuit for the evening news, which I'm not sure suits her style, but I wish her luck just the same. She now has the job of increasing "Evening News's" ratings, and of shutting up skeptical old critics such as myself while also shutting up new critics who are also skeptical about her ability to transition from a morning news magazine to "Evening News." She's got her work cut out for her. If she's lucky, she won't experience the media hell that her predecessor on The Today Show, Deborah Norville, did. Given Couric's political leanings, though, I suspect she'll be given a little bit more slack than Norville.

No comments: