Saturday, April 08, 2006

A pall cast over my laptop

I am one of eleven loyal Netscape users in the world. As I've said before, I went through some rough times with Netscape, but the 7.X browsers brough me back in the fold. When the 8.x browser came out, I installed it. It was good, but I can help but think the effort was equivilant to Netscape pounding the nails in its own coffin. It used Firefox and IE engines to render pages, for crying out loud. The 8.x browsers are okay, but I've still been partial to my Netscape 7.2 browser. That's probably going to be changing. The 7.2 browser is becoming increasingly unstable for some reason. Even Microsoft's error reporting service tells me to upgrade the browser. It may be time for me to take 7.2 out behind the barn and shoot it. Not to worry, though, Firefox lovers. I still have my Netscape 8.x horse in its stall.

No comments: