Monday, January 29, 2007

Don't get it: Vlogs

Vlogging became the next big thing last year, but I just don't quite get vlogs. That isn't to say that they don't have value, because I'm sure for some internet users they do. They just lack value to me. I get fidgety during a vlog. It takes too long to get to the point. My net useage has developed to the point where I can quickly decide if something I'm reading is of value to me or not, and then make a decision on whether I'm going to continue with it. The vlog forces me to be a captive audience to the end. On TV, I can still deal with that because my pace of TV watching, my expectations of it, allow for it, but not on the net. The advantage of the podcast is that it is portable, so you can listen to it while doing other things. Vlogs do not have that same portability advantage because your are forced to use two senses to take them in. They just don't fit into my net mindset.

No comments: