Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Wisconsin hunter murder takes turn for the bizarre

I'm not really sure what to make of this.

A man jailed in the death of another squirrel hunter in northern Wisconsin was shot once in each hand before the two wrestled in the woods and he stabbed the victim with a knife he carried to cut the tails off his quarry, the suspect's fiancee told The Associated Press today.

Details from the Sheriff's Department/DA in this case would be nice. I will say this, it does not reflect well on the suspect, James Nichols, that he chose to hide Cha Vang's body. Also peculiar is the fact that Nichols was shot in the hands. I would think that would mean one of two things. Either Vang was a hell of shot and was shooting in some sort of preventative self defense, or Nichols was up close and struggling with Vang at the time of the shots. Pure speculation on my part, of course. I certainly never thought I'd see hand to hand combat break out in the Northwoods, though.

No comments: