Monday, February 05, 2007

Miserable cold

There are a handful of days each year where you really curse living in Wisconsin. Today is one of them. It was -12 (Fahrenheit for you Canadians) when I drove past a local bank this morning. On days like this, the cold just kind of seeps into you and won't go away. The only consolation is knowing that in less than two months we'll probably see our first 70 degree day.

For some reason, the cold gets more annoying the older I get. It was just 14 or 15 years ago when we got hit with a cold snap like this and my friends and I went outside to beat the hell out of each other in yard football, never thinking twice about how cold it was...at least until after the games when I'd have to thaw my cold, painful extremities in a hot bath. Now that I'm a little older, I wouldn't dare spend a couple hours outside playing football. If anything, the cold now gives me an appreciation for why Russians drink.

No comments: