Friday, March 09, 2007

Dave Obey being, well, Dave Obey

I can't wait to watch the video of this tonight:
A tipster sent this fascinating video from left-wing, anti-war group Occupation Project, which interviewed Appropriations Chairman Democrat David Obey in a hallway and grilled him about the war funding bill.

I'll have a transcript up shortly. Rep. Obey works up a steam castigating "idiot liberals" who want Democrats to vote against funding.

He fumes: "I’m the sponsor of the bill that’s going to be on floor. And that bill ends the war. If that’s not good enough for you you’re smoking something illegal…"

I doubt that there is a soul alive that Dave Obey wouldn't be an ass to. In fact, I think he came out of the womb and started chewing out his mom for everything she didn't know and got wrong during the birth. It used to piss me off when I lived in his district. Now it just amuses me.

Update
It was everything I expected it to be. Obey only works up a light froth early in the video, but at the end his true colors show.

No comments: