Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy

This new Leinenkugel's beer makes the northwoods boy in me bristle a little bit, but I'll probably give it a shot once it hits the shelves on April 1st.

Leinenkugel's has expanded summer seasonal Berry Weiss to year-round production and is introducing a new seasonal, Summer Shandy, modeled after European beers that are mixed with either lemonade or lemon-lime soda. "We're actually going to have real lemonade flavor in our beer," Leinenkugel says. "This is the first of this style I've seen from any American brewer. There are hard lemonades out there, but this will actually be beer with lemonade. We're excited about the possibilities and are putting together our marketing."

At least is has a German heritage and it is a beer and not a hard lemonade. I am not pleased with the continued frou-frouing of beer, though. And since they took away my Leinie's Northwoods, I'd much prefer to see a return of Leinie's Limited or perhaps even my favorite short lived Leinie's product, Leinie's Ice.

No comments: