Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Baldwin apologizes

Damn, mark me down as shocked. Alec Baldwin, hot off the HuffPo wire:
I want to apologize to all of the readers of this blog for referring to Vice President Cheney as a terrorist. I suppose that, in the post-9/11 world, one would be hard-pressed to refer to anyone other than a militant Arab fundamentalist who hijacks a plane and pilots it into a building somewhere on our shores or a Palestinian who bears a bomb into a cafe in Israel as a terrorist.
Don't get me wrong, he's still a clown, but you can still get a good laugh from a clown. For instance, his next paragraph made me chuckle:
How about something more measured, then? How about...a lying, thieving Oil Whore.
Oil whore? First thing I thought of was Heidi Fleiss for some reason. But anyway, okay, Alec. You don't have to move to Winnipeg. You can stay here to make your movies.

No comments: