Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Blog coasting

Tonight I visited a national blog that I used to read very regularly but which I visit very infrequently now. I was very disappointed. This blog, which used to provide some very interesting commentary, has been coasting. Most posts now are of the link sharing type, which means the posts are one or two brief sentences which pass the reader along to an interesting article or post somewhere else. The blog is completely uninteresting now, but somehow it still averages 800 visitors a day. I guess it just goes to show that even in blogging, if you develop a good brand, even if your product suffers, you can still do better than some of your smaller, less well known competitors with a better product. At least until your brand equity hits such a low that you can't drag it out of the gutters.

No comments: