Tuesday, February 21, 2006

How do you know something is a bad idea?

When Jimmy Carter supports you on it, then you know it is a bad idea. Unfortunately for President Bush, Carter has his back on the deal that gives control to 6 U.S. ports to a U.A.E. company.
But he got a boost Monday from an unlikely source, frequent critic and former president Jimmy Carter, who downplayed fears that the deal poses a risk.

''The overall threat to the United States and security, I don't think it exists,'' Carter said on CNN's The Situation Room. ``I'm sure the president's done a good job with his subordinates to make sure this is not a threat.''

I'm with Kevin in thinking that this is really not that big of a deal, but Carter's support of Bush is making me wonder if I need to re-think that. Carter has a talent for choosing the wrong side of an issue to be on.

No comments: