Sunday, April 09, 2006

Congrats to Fred...I think

Fred at RealDebateWisconsin had an ongoing series of posts on the ethical lapses of the head of the Racine County Democratic Party, Kurt Vlach. Fred was a lonley voice in the story, offering to share it with the Racine and Milwaukee newspapers, only to have them avoided the sex laden story like it was a giant, stinking turd. Vlach eventually resigned. Today the Journal Sentinel had a piece on Fred's coverage. I wanted to congratulate him on it right away, but I was a bit torn on the whole thing. It was great to see him get the recognition he deserved, but the entire piece at the Journal Sentinel was at best a backhanded compliment. I was very disappointed in the Journal Sentinel. Fred had a pretty iron clad case against Vlach, but the article was almost dismissive. Given that, I'd like to congratulate Fred for keeping on the story, and I'd also like to offer the Journal Sentinel a roll of my eyes for the weasely way in which they finally reported on it.

No comments: