Tuesday, June 06, 2006

9 for 12

This is perhaps my best start to a softball season to date, and I was pretty damngood when I was younger, faster, and mor limber. 9 for 12 with 6 doubles. Unfortunately, we were screwed by the field umpire tonight. He screwed up three calls tonight. He admited to one but did not change his call. Then in the fifth, a runner tried to take second. I took the throw and laid by glove down in front of the bag three steps before the runner began to slide. After I applied the tag, I held up my glove and the ump, who was right beside me, called the runner safe. Tonight was the closest I've ever come to getting kicked out of a game They went on to score 5 runs after that, and it would have been the third out. We lost by four. So while I'm off to a good start hitting, we are 1-2 on the season, which just goes to show that the individual good does not always benefit the whole.

Update
Rather than correct the horrible grammar in this piece, I'm going to leave it unchanged as a stark example of why no one should ever BWI. Remember, friends don't let friends blog drunk, and I don't have any friends.

No comments: