Sunday, June 11, 2006

Opportunistic cat

A cat has supposedly treed a bear (with pics):

A black bear picked the wrong yard for a jaunt, running into a territorial tabby who ran the furry beast up a tree — twice.

Jack, a 15-pound orange and white cat, keeps a close vigil on his property, often chasing small animals, but his owners and neighbors say his latest escapade was surprising.

Personally, I think the story went a little bit differently. Jack is a male. This leads me to believe the following occured. Jack saw a bear in a tree. Being no dummy, he knew said bear could crush him, but not so long as the bear remained in the tree. So with the bear up in the tree, he hissed and snorted to look tough and to convince any passing female cats how tough he was. Doubt my version of events? Go to some busy bars on a Friday or Saturday night and wait for a near fight to break out. If actual fisticuffs do not break out, then I guarantee there was a whole lot of "don't hold me back, don't hold me back!" going on. I know. I once held back a guy who was twice my size, with ease. But boy, did he look tough.

No comments: