Monday, October 02, 2006

Bubbling caulderon of clouds

Late this afternoon we a nice 20 minute lightning and hail storm here in lovely Jefferson County. After it concluded, the sky turned a lovely golden color, and I thought it safe to go out and run an errand. So I gather my stuff together to head out, and a strong wind starts blowing seemingly out of nowhere. I nearly took a branch in the noggin on my way to the garage. I completed my errand and came back, and the sky had completely clouded over with ugly, bubbling clouds and about a sustained 40 mile an hour wind, with gusts much higher. It's been blowing for about 30 minutes now. This coming after the storm was over. Watch out Milwaukee, it's headed your way.

Despite all of this, I got this going for me. The wind is blowing out of the north...that means it is ripping all the leaves off of my trees and carrying them over my house, my neighbor's house, and into their neighbor's yard. I think I've watched two backaches' worth of leaves become someone else's problem. Yay me!

No comments: