Monday, December 11, 2006

Cows a leading cause of global warming

I love this story, I really do.

Purists may find it hard to find faults with the holy cow, but for hard nosed scientists, they are the single largest contributors to the malady of global warming. A recent study has revealed that cow flatulence is to a great extent responsible for global warming and the green house effect. British researchers have found that bovine emissions account for about one million tonnes or roughly 36 percent of the UK's methane emissions, and cows contribute the vast majority of it.

I want the EPA to crack down on bovine emissions. I want to see them force farmers to grow reformulated grass for the cows to graze on. I want a requirement that forces cows to be fitted with cowtalytic converters. I want to see them require breeders to re-engineer cows so they include EGR devices.

No comments: