Saturday, February 19, 2005

Brewer pitchers and catchers report

Today is one of my favorite days of the year. I typically start to get restless and cranky in January. It is about that time when winter starts to get the best of me. I avidly follow two sports, football and baseball. By mid-January, the Packer season has come to a painful halt, and I have only one thing to look forward to: The day pitchers and catchers report. Today's that day. I was driving to Menard's to buy a sink this afternoon, and I got to listen to Brewer talk on the radio. To me, this is the most hope filled day of the year. Every year I get to pretend that this is the year that the Brewers play Cinderella. It also harkens me back to my baseball days, pulling out that glove for the first time of the year, smelling the leather and reminiscing on all the plays it made the previous season. It is also hope filled because I know that winter has begun to lose it's icy death grip on us. Spring, and all the rebirth that comes with it, begins encroaching upon old man winter on this day. At least that's how it all plays out in this fan's mind.

No comments: