Tuesday, February 08, 2005

It's cold and lonely here at Jiblog

Ouch! My TTLB ranking has literally plummeted of late. Assemblyman Lasee recognizes a number of Badger Blog Alliance blogs, but not Jiblog. WisOpinion.com puts up a list of Wisconsin bloggers from the right, center, and left. No Jiblog. The child (Badger Blog Alliance) is about to surpass the parent (Jiblog) in visits and page views. My ego is dented a bit here. I can hear the wind whistling through the broken Windows XP, and the blogroll creaking in the cold February air.

To the Party of Seven (actually, the party of three-haven't seen four of you around much lately): Has the site been suffering since I went to work on the Badger Blog Alliance? Is my work just not good? Am I a little too sassy? Am I fat? (see Boots & Sabers for a reference point on that last one).

2 comments:

Lance Burri said...

Jib, I wonder if the advent of the Badger Blog Alliance might have something to do with your numbers. There are a bunch of good blogs covering Wisconsin politics now - hard to find time to read them all. I've been going to BBA, then just clicking on a couple of others each day.

Owen said...

I think Lance has some of it. I confess that I don't get around to every Wisconsin blog every day. There used to be just a few of us, but now it would take half a day to read everyone.

There are still a finite number of people who read blogs - especially WI blogs - and their readership is being diluted. Hopefully, as more people discover the excellent work taking place on blogs, the overall readership will increase and we'll all benefit.