Monday, February 07, 2005

Guess where I'm going to be on March 1?

Ward Churchill is going to be right in my backyard that day (Hat tip Boots & Sabers):
Ward Churchill, the University of Colorado professor whose remarks comparing the victims of the World Trade Center attacks to a World War II Nazi war criminal, is scheduled to speak at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater on March 1, a university spokesman said. Churchill, chairman of Colorado's ethnic studies department, was invited to Whitewater by a group of Native American students.
If this is an open event, I plan to be there with bells on. I do not plan to make problems. I wish no harm on Mr. Churchill. I must take part in this event, though. I've read some of Mr. Churchill's stuff, and I was not impressed with it. Some of the revelations of this past week did not surprise me in the least, and now that I have the opportunity to see the horse's ass in person, I simply must go.

UPDATE
Oh, but this is a tough call. UWW will also have a showing of the Vagina Monologues that night. UWW's College Republicans have a meeting that night. I wonder which event they will attend before their meeting?

No comments: