Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Was the Iraqi election a tipping point for the media

Bear with me on this post. It is more of an exercise in thought than it is a flat out opinion.

As the headline above says, I'm beginning to wonder if the election Iraq is something of a tipping point for the media. I've perceived a decrease in Iraq coverage since our election in November, but it has seemed to be most noticeable of late. We are seeing other regions-Iran, Syria, North Korea, China-and other topics like social security getting a larger and larger share of news coverage. Perhaps tipping point is the wrong terminology, as it implies a rapid change, but is it possible that we've turned a corner on Iraq coverage? Has the media finally grown bored of bashing the Bush administration over the head with Iraq? I'm asking a lot of questions here, and I'm interested in seeing others' toughts on this.

No comments: