Thursday, February 17, 2005

A different take on Eason and the future

I was tooling about by my sitemeter this morning when I noticed that someone had come to Jiblog from The Radio Equalizer. Unfamiliar with the site, I headed over to check out Brian Maloney's blog. In a post from the 15th, Maloney cautions bloggers to be prepared for war with the old media this year. I agree with him. In fact, I think this is part of what bothered me about the Eason blog storm. The old media is waiting for the conservative blogosphere to show its soft underbelly, and at that point they will attack. For much of a year, the blogosphere has been on the offensive. Sooner or later, there will be a blog swarm that over extends itself a little too much. Don't think the old media isn't going to relish attacking the blogosphere with the same vigor it has seen from bloggers. Bloggers who maintain strong standards are going to weather that event just fine. Bloggers who don't are going to have a mess on their hands.

No comments: