Sunday, February 20, 2005

On Wisconsin weather

The lovely Mrs. Jib and I had planned on journeying to the West Bend area today to wish her brother a happy birthday. Then we watched the news last night, and the meteorologists were yapping like feral dogs that a terrible winter storm was on the way. So we called her family and cancelled. As I look out my deck doors, the couple of inches on the ground does not seem to be all that bad. Being that I used to travel between Eau Claire and Whitewater once a month in my college days, I've driven in worse many times. This leads me to my larger point-why are our weather forecasters acting like they live in South Carolina? We get snow in Wisconsin, and we operate pretty well in it. The snow we are getting right now was not deserving of the dire warnings that came out of meteorolgists last night.

Because we've cancelled on my in-laws, today is about NASCAR, blogging, and sink installation (in addition to baseball and football, I passionately follow NASCAR racing).

No comments: