Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Delay stirring up hatred against judges?

I know that this story is a little stale, but bear with me. Last week, in regards to all of the judges in the Terri Schiavo case, Tom Delay said the following:
The time will come for the men responsible for this to answer for their behavior.
Ann Althouse takes the issue up here, and at the end of the post, she says this:
And for a public figure even to hint at violence as a solution is completely unacceptable.
I was out of the news loop last week when Delay said this, but I did read about it briefly. I personally did not take it as a threat of violence as Althouse does. I took it to mean that the judges will have to answer for their actions before their creator on judgement day. Perhaps this is naive of me, and maybe the Hammer was making a more earthly threat than I had thought. If anyone has a link to the full context of Delay's quote, I'd certainly like to see it.

No comments: