Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Friedman: "...Stay extra-vigilant at home"

I can't say that I'm a Thomas Friedman fan, but I at least have respect for him, which is more than I can say for most New York Times columnists. Friedman's latest column recommends that we "..stay the course in Iraq, but stay extra-vigilant at home." Good advice. While I don't agree with Friedman's path to it, I do agree with his ultimate conclusion. I'm personally of the opinion that there is enough going on in the Middle East right now to keep the Jihadists' hands full, but I won't discount his opinion that they may try a hail mary here in the U.S. Events of the last three years just leave me hopeful that we are in a great position to intercept that hail mary, even though our 'secondary' (the FBI and CIA) appears to be as strong as the Packers' secondary.

No comments: