Tuesday, August 09, 2005

If given the choice, how would you choose to die?

Morbid topic, I know (and it has nothing to do with my approaching 30th birthday, honest). I ask based off of this article, which describes the study of central sleep apnea. Central sleep apnea generally affects older people (65 plus), and it often results in people dying in their sleep. Now, tying that back into the post title, if doctors did a check up on me at age 75, and they said look, your brain stem is showing signs that you may die of central sleep apnea, I'm not sure how worked up I'd get about it. How many people honestly wouldn't choose to go peacefully in their sleep? There are worse ways to die than warm and happy in your bed at an advanced age. The only reason I think that I wouldn't let this disorder go would be if the elderly (but still lovely) Mrs. Jib was reliant on me. For Mrs. Jib I would choose an unpleasant way to die if it meant I would have more time with her.

Well, now that I have that out of the way, happy Tuesday morning everyone! Enjoy that cup of Joe!

No comments: