Tuesday, August 16, 2005

How do you deal with writer's block?

Or subject block, in my case. I just can't bring myself to join the choir on Abel Danger or Cindy Sheehan, and I can only go to the HuffPo well so much. So after staring at my screen in frustration for much of two hours, I headed out to my garage at 10:45. Once there, I did some things I've been avoiding this summer. I fixed my fishing gear-gear that failed me so much last summer that I nearly threw it all in the river, gear which frustrated me so much that I avoided buying a license this year until this week. Next, and hold onto your hats on this one, I sorted my golf balls and cleaned my clubs so I'm ready for a tournament this Friday. I then fixed my hacksaw and flirted with the idea of cutting down some dead branches in my backyard until common sense kicked in. By this time, it was 11:25. So what did I do? I allowed my common sense to fail me and I practiced my chip shot in the dark.

My God, September can't get here soon enough. Give me politics or give me d...okay, I don't need my politics fix that bad.

No comments: