Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Why I love Che t-shirts

I know a lot of people on the right get irritated when they see ignorant college kids wearing Che apparel. I'm here to say don't hate it, embrace it. I can think of no better tribute to a brutal communist revolutionary than putting his likeness on t-shirts, selling them, and making a profit. Che must do a full revolution in his grave every time some dumb kid buys something with his likeness on it, creating a profit for somebody else. In fact, if we work to help market these items, I'm quite sure the volume will increase, and perhaps will be able to harness Che's spinning corpse to solve a number our energy problems.

I think after Castro dies, I'll start a line of Fidel baseball jerseys. That should get the old dictator spinning nicely.

Update
My appreciation for Che shirts is recent, and I have a nagging feeling that I owe someone props for my change of heart. If it was you, please let me know so I can appropriately credit you for planting that seed in my brain.

No comments: