Monday, August 08, 2005

On blog taglines

I've been thinking long and hard about changing my tagline. I still like it, but after 14 months it is starting to get a little old to me. In its place I was thinking about running with a few comments from some other bloggers about Jiblog, maybe these three:
"Jib doesn't take a good picture" ~The American Mind
"A reader..." ~McBride's Media Matters
"Jiblog. There are varieties of filth." ~Althouse
As you can see, I was willing to misquote in order to self depricate, but I don't think I can improve on the branding that I get from my "beer chuggin', gas guzzlin'" tagline. When a blogger is new to Jiblog and links back here for the first time, it is not unusual to see my tagline in the post. I think the clincher came this weekend, though. I had the pleasure of meeting John McAdams at the Wisconsin State Fair on Sunday. As introductions came to me, he said, "you're the beer chuggin', gas guzzlin' guy, right?" That sealed it. I shall remain the blogger who chugs & guzzles.

No comments: