Thursday, October 06, 2005

The right's debate on the Miers nomination

Interesting. For the first time since the nomination of Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court, I've gone over to Blogs for Bush (of which I am a supporter) to see the response. Between their post here and the comments, it's interesting to see the split. There are the 'common front' folks who seem to believe that we should line up behind the President no matter what, and then there are those who seem to be perfectly willing to criticize the President when they feel he's deserving of it. I am sympathetic to the common front types, but I just can't bring myself to mindlessly line up behind him even when I think he's wrong. And I think he's wrong on this choice, even if she proves to be every bit the strict constructionist he promises.

No comments: