Friday, December 02, 2005

Damnable squirrels

In Russia this week it was reported that a mob of squirrels attacked and killed a dog, some running off with pieces of the dog's flesh. The story is so out there that it seems implausible, but I believe it. Squirrels are mean and nasty little creatures when they have the numbers advantage. One Saturday this summer, I watched my neighbor's cat curl up under one of my trees for a nap. That did not sit well with the three squirrels in the tree. Once they noticed him, they began to cackle their mean and nasty squirrel cackle. Then all three of them tore ass down the tree and chased the cat about 150 feet until it reached safety. I'm positive I just missed seeing a squirrel mob hit that day.

You can read more about this in my new book, Why 12 Gauges are Good for Tree Rats.

No comments: