Friday, December 16, 2005

TV & Movie odds and ends

*The Apprentice concluded tonight, and I thought the better candidate, Randal, won. Until, that is, he had the chance to give Rebecca an apprenticeship with Trump as well. When Randal greedily said that there could only be one apprentice, he made himself into a jackass.

*Speaking of The Apprentice, was it just me or did Jennifer M. seem just a little too into Randal?

*The lovely Mrs. Jib and I have said in the past that Angelina Jolie does not look as good as a blond. I was watching Rachel McAdams on Conan O'Brien tonight, and I think that you can add her to that "looks better as a brunette" list. For some people, blond hair just doesn't accentuate their features as nicely as darker hair.

*I'm not sure how King Kong will do this weekend (Mrs. Jib is predicting a bomb), but based off of everything I read, it sounds like a mundane movie with an excellent performance by Naomi Watts.

*The movie Mrs. Jib and I are anxiously awaiting: Fun with Dick and Jane. Not only does it look funny, we think Tea Leoni is a very underrated actress.

*The History Channel has a new show called History Rocks. I loved it. The first episode is 1979. They play songs from the year, and during the song they do text box pop ups during video of events from that year. I recommend it, but I can only see that one episode in their lineup, and it always seems to be scheduled late in the evening.

No comments: