Sunday, February 13, 2005

Churchill, UW Whitewater revisted

Hunch blogging worked quite well for me not too long, so I'm going to give it another shot. In his nearly neurotic statement on continuing the invitation to Ward Churchill, UW Whitewater Chancellor Jack Miller left himself 6 outs for cancelling this thing at a later date. Bet on him using one of them. This event is going to garner a lot of attention, and I'm not talking just about media attention. For one day, the city of 12,000 is going to be the center of the protesting and counter protesting universe. As this becomes more and more apparent to those in leadership positions at the University, there is going to be a lot of pressure to avoid the attention. After all, UW Whitewater's bread and butter is their business school, and the business school has grand plans for a new facility. The last thing they are going to want is financial backers for that building having second thoughts about their contributions.

If I'm right on this, I'm not going to chock it up to intuition this time. Living in the area, I'm piecing together pieces of information from different places. Once I've verified some of it, I'll be hopefully citing some specifics as the week goes on.

1 comment:

Patrick said...

I do know that the local chapter of Protest Warriors is rampping up to be there.