Thursday, February 10, 2005

UWW/Churchill prediction

Later today we should find out whether or not the University of Wisconsin Whitewater will still host Ward Churchill on March 1. While UWW is generally a fairly cautious institution, I believe they will still host Churchill. Barring any major threats of violence, of course. One major reason I believe this is because I think they will get full support from the Whitewater Police Department, or at least the administration of the WPD. I have no supporting facts for this, just hunches based on what I know about the community. If the threat of violence is mitigated, the University will have little cover for cancelling the speech, despite the fact that Churchill's credentials and scholarship have come into question.

Update
Hunch blogging is fun when you are right.

No comments: