Sunday, February 20, 2005

Daytona 500

Since I've been "snowed in" (see below), I'm camping out in front of the TV for the Daytona 500. I am going to spare everyone the live blogging, but I am going to try my hand at prognostication. I think this is going to be a dogfight between three teams-DEI, Gibbs racing, and Hendricks racing. I'm a DEI guy myself, but I just don't think the DEI cars are going to have enough to win it today, unless Junior and Waltrip are 1-2 in the final laps. So I think this race is going to be won by a Gibbs car, Tony Stewart to be precise. The Hendricks cars are good, but I think the Gibbs cars are just as good, and Stewart is the difference.

Update
I'm certainly happy that I didn't go with Bobby Labonte's Gibbs car, now that he's blown an engine and all. Hopefully Stewart has a stouter engine under the hood.

Update II
Heh. I looked like a genius for 195 laps or so.

No comments: