Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Chief Justice nominee John Roberts

I've been a little squeamish on the Roberts nomination from the get go. My impression is that Roberts has revolved his life around the goal of becoming a Supreme Court justice, and he has made sure that he had a record to allow himself to play both sides of the fence. People like that make me nervous, and I'm very nervous now. The Bush administration is nominating for Chief Justice a man that could be the next Rehnquist or the next Souter. If he becomes some sort of Rehnquist as Chief Justice, then the Bush administration hits a home run. If he is the next Souter, then they laid a huge egg with this nomination. And sadly, I am very distrustful of the judgement of any Bush when it comes to Supreme Court nominations.

No comments: