Friday, September 09, 2005

Jiblog salutes Ken Herrera

620 AM WTMJ's Charlie Sykes brings us this story about the channel's morning host Ken Herrera. Herrera apparently received one of those unhinged, conspiracy theory emails that claims that the Pentagon was actually hit by a missile. Sykes Writes brings us Herrera's response. I have got to give it to him, it takes a big pair of brass ones to send an email like Herrera's in today's corporate climate, provided this came to him via his work email. I've received them myself, and while I am always tempted to reply, I have decided every time that discretion is the better part of valor. So today I virtually tip my hat to Ken Herrera for saying what needed to be said.

While I think his response (and Charlie's publication of it) will probably mean Herrera will no longer receive these loony emails, if it doesn't, and it was an internal email, I have one word of advice for him. If he has an office or a cubicle, it helps to put up a picture of a well known Republican that conspiracy theorists hate. Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and Karl Rove all work nicely. The presence of the picture frightens them, and it sends a clear message without saying a word. Worked for me. In fact, with the Roberts battle coming up, I may change to a Clarence Thomas picture.

No comments: