Monday, August 28, 2006

Class act

I've been watching Gene Simmons' new reality show and I've been reasonably impressed with him as a parent and family man, despite his refusal to marry long time girlfriend Shannon Tweed. This, however, comes close to cementing my opinion that the KISS rocker is a class act:
Israeli-born "KISS" rocker Gene Simmons sent a get-well video to an Israeli soldier wounded in Lebanon, calling him a hero the world should be proud of.

"I can't tell you how proud I am of you and how much the world and Israel owe you a debt of gratitude," Simmons told Ron Weinreich, a tank crewman paralyzed from the chest down, in a video broadcast on Saturday on Israel's Channel 2 television.

Channel 2 said the KISS bassist made the video for Weinreich, a fan of the legendary rock group, at the request of Israel's Soldiers' Welfare Association, a fund-raising group.

No comments: