Saturday, August 12, 2006

Nuclear powered dream

I have to stop blogging before bed.

I'm not much of a dreamer when I sleep, and it is very infrequent that I can remember any dreams that I've had the next morning. Even less frequently than that do I have bad dreams. Last night was the exception to all of that. In my dream, it was about four in the morning, and something was happening, although I wasn't able to really grasp the specifics. I do know that we were awake and in our living room, watching live, breaking news and gathering up supplies. Then, coming from the front of our house (the east), came a flash, followed by a brightening horizon and a slowly rising mushroom cloud. Now there were more people in the house, and I quickly ushered they and my wife into the basement. I came back up to monitor the situation and take some pictures. As I got back to the living room a strong wind blew through town and caused some minor damage. I then went out front to photograph the still rising mushroom cloud when the sun began to rise in the northeastern sky, out of place and ahead of schedule. Bizarre stuff.

No comments: