Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong!

As I drove to work this morning, I passed near the elementary school in my neighborhood. As expected for the first day of classes, the area was packed with parked cars and parents walking their kids to school. What I saw at the corner disturbed and saddened me, though. This year's batch of safety patrollers were out, and one of them was a little girl who was about 9 or 10 years old. Her parents sent her to school in a micro skirt. First, that's innapropriate school wear at any age, let alone 10. Second, it is dangerous. There are about four to six registered sex offenders living within a mile of that school. This is clearly a case of dim witted parents more interested in the approval of their daughter than in her safety.

No comments: