Sunday, September 26, 2004

Election Prediction Update

I'm sticking with my thought that Bush will win the popular vote by 4-6 points and will cruise to victory in the electoral college. I just don't believe that all of these Kerry supports will turn out to vote. To wit:
In La Crosse, Mayor John Medinger is a lifelong Democrat who cut his teeth on John Kennedy's campaign. He's backing Kerry but offers some reservations. "I think a lot of people wish Kerry would inspire them," he said. "A lot of people feel like 'I'm voting for Kerry, I wish I felt better about it.'"

Medlinger will vote because politics is his life. Others will not because careers, families, hobbies are their life, and when you feel that way, you just don't make the effort to get to the poles and wait in line to vote.

No comments: