Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Jimmy Carter, nuts

Ya know, there was a couple year period in the 1990's when I allowed myself to be hoodwinked. I was a young college student, I was in Habitat for Humanity (yep, I'm a humanitarian, too. Plus the girls were cute), and I actually started to develop a bit of respect for Jimmy Carter. Those days are long gone now. He stands behind the Venezuelan recount outcome when evidence indicated that he should have waited more than 2 hours to verify, and now he treats Florida like it is a Soviet Republic, calling for international observors.

What is the deal with you, Jimmy? If you had just been a nice, uncontroversial former President, history would have softened its view of your terrible Presidency. Instead, you insist on continuing on being in the spotlight, and you continue to display your horrible judgement. You are locking your Presidency into that rarefied air as one of the 5 worst Presidencies in this nation's history. Before long, people are going to start wondering if you've been senile-since 1970 or so.

No comments: